Principal Scientist, Formulation
To support its proprietary nucleic acid-based technology platforms, Imunon is seeking a Principal Scientist, Formulation at its Huntsville, AL, facility to play an integral role in developing novel nucleic acid delivery formulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce and characterize novel nucleic acid formulations, based on Imunon’s proprietary synthetic delivery systems, including DNA or mRNA RNA nanoparticles or nanocomplexes.
- Conduct analytical characterization of the formulations understanding the interaction between nucleic acid and the delivery agents, and defining factors driving an optimal interaction, formulation reproducibility, stability, and transfection activity in vitro and in vivo.
- Perform standard analytical methods for formulation characterization including dynamic light scattering, spectroscopic analysis, gel electrophoresis, particle sizing, and zeta potential. Experience with transmission electron microscopy and atomic force microscopy will be seen preferably.
- Conduct experiments to evaluate cell transfection activity and stability characteristics of the formulations to advance scientific understanding of the formulated systems and achieving respective project objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently to develop formulations, optimize and troubleshoot the process.
- Be extremely detail-oriented and place high value in documentation of work for communication to supervisor, other team members and sound development of documentation practices.
- Effectively communicate with technical and business-oriented audiences within the company through presentations and written reports.
To be successful in this role your background and experience should include:
- Ph.D. with 5 years plus industry/academia experience in nucleic acid delivery formulations.
- Hands-on experience in DNA or RNA delivery formulation and understanding of the relevant research area are the key metrics for successful selection.
- Experience in nano-assembly of DNA or RNA drugs into nano-complexes or nano-encapsulates and analytical techniques for particle size, zeta potential and other particle properties. Experience in cell-based assays, standard tissue culture techniques, immunofluorescence, and ELISA will be considered favorably.
- Good presentation and communication skills and have the ability to identify and apply the appropriate methodologies and data evaluation.
- Candidate should be familiar with searching and interpreting relevant literature and be able to develop a focused research effort.
- Must be able to interact with multifunctional personnel and effectively participate in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Word and Excel required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, multi-task and remain flexible with changing needs.
- Ability to handle the typical industry pressure of meeting deadlines and dynamic work conditions.
- Ability to work independently as well as with team members.
- Health and Dental insurance, matching 401k, and generous PTO for eligible employees.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com