Upstream Operator, Bacterial Fermentation
Imunon is seeking to hire an Upstream Operator, Bacterial Fermentation, at its Huntsville, AL, site to support the company’s ongoing development of novel immunotherapies. The position will be a key member of a team working in a cGMP manufacturing facility to produce plasmid DNA active pharmaceutical ingredient (API).
Duties and responsibilities
- Operate 10 L and 100 L bioreactors to produce bacterial paste containing plasmid DNA of interest.
- Follow standard operating procedures to operate equipment, perform processes, and evaluate in-process samples.
- Prioritize responsibilities, multi-task, and remain flexible with changing objectives.
- Operate effectively under the pressure of meeting demanding deadlines in a dynamic technical environment.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs, with assistance if necessary.
- Willingness to work second or third shift as-needed.
The successful candidate will have:
- A.S. or B.S. degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related field. A solid understanding of microbiology a plus.
- Experience growing bacterial cultures with aseptic technique is required.
- Hands-on biopharmaceutical experience at pilot or commercial scale with bioreactor fermentation a plus, but not required.
- Experience working in a GMP manufacturing environment a plus, but not required.
- Health and Dental insurance, matching 401k, and generous PTO for eligible employees.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com